Welcome to Hotel Pickwick
«The room with a view»
The Hotel Pickwick ABC
Check-in is possible from 15:00 hrs. Check-in takes place at the bar in the Mr. Pickwick Pub. The pub entrance can be found by walking along the riverfront (Rathausquai 6). You also have the the opportunity to leave your luggage in the Mr. Pickwick Pub from 09:00 hrs onwards. Further information is available upon arrival.
In the immediate vicinity of the bus and railway station, just a short walk over the main bridge, you will find many of the high street banks.
The hotel does not offer breakfast. In the Mr. Pickwick Pub an English breakfast is available all day from 11:30 hrs. A sumptuous breakfast is available in the restaurant "Weisses Kreuz" just next door (Furrengasse 19: turn left when you leave the rear hotel entrance) at the rate of approx. CHF 15.–. Please show your breakfast voucher (provided at check-in).
The nearest chemist is located at Rössligasse 17, a 3 - 4 minute walk through the old town from the hotel (turn left when you leave the rear hotel entrance). We will be happy to give you directions.
Is located at the rear hotel entrance.
Check-out by 11:00 hrs. Please leave your key either with one of the staff in the pub, in one of the key-boxes on each floor or in the key-box at the rear hotel entrance.
DINING OUT IN LUCERNE
There are numerous very good restaurants in the vicinity. Our tips:
- British: Classic British pub food can be conveniently ordered in our Mr. Pickwick Pub.
- Italian:Restaurant Da Ernesto is just a few steps further along the waterfront (Rathausquai 11). The restaurant offers an authentic selection of pizza, pasta, meat and fish dishes or sample the popular antipasti buffet on the 1st floor.
- Swiss Cuisine: Partake of the finest Swiss specialities in a refined atmosphere in the old Swiss House, Löwenplatz 4.
- Asian: Bambou Fusion Cuisine (east meets west). In the basement of "The Hotel", Sempacherstrasse 14.
- Gourmet: Restaurant Jasper, Haldenstrasse 10, why not indulge in the luxury of gourmet Mediterranean style cuisine?
- You can discover more tips by clicking on restaurants via: www.luzern.ch
You can also obtain information on cruises, museums, theatres, day trips, etc. by visiting the Tourist Information Office located at Zentralstrasse 5 on platform 1 of the railway station. Phone: +41 41 221 17 17.
If you should require medical help, please contact the bar staff or directly dial the following emergency number: 144. There is a 24 hrs. medical centre for emergencies in the railway station.
Follow the instructions in your rooms and in the hallways. In the event of an emergency follow the green illuminated signs.
Hotel: 115 / Emergency call for all events: 112
The hotel has its own Facebook page (Hotel Pickwick). Why not click on "like" and follow our news.
FESTIVALS AND MARKETS IN LUCERNE
- Luzern’s weekly market: Every Tuesday and Saturday from 06:00 to 13:00 hrs. The most beautiful weekly market in Switzerland takes place on both sides of the River Reuss at Rathausquai and “Unter der Egg” (right bank), as well as on the "Jesuitenplatz", and the famous Bahnhofstrasse (left bank).
- Fasnacht (Shrove Tuesday): The Lucerne carnival, Fasnacht, takes place every year in February or March combining all the traditional Shrove Tuesday customs of central Switzerland. The carnival is unique in its historical development, its character and diversity, which explains why ever greater numbers of visitors from home and abroad are drawn to it from one year to the next. You cannot miss this event because when you are with us, you are right in the thick of it!
- Altstadtfest (Old Town Festival): The largest of central Switzerland's festivals takes place every year on the last Saturday in June. Ask the bar staff for more detailed information. Blueballs Festival: In July, national and international musicians perform in the open air as well as in various concert halls. You can obtain information on the exact programme and tickets from the Tourist Information Office or under www.blueballs.ch.
Click on www.luzern.com/en/festivals-events for more details of festivals and events.
Please read the information displayed on the back of the door in your room. Do not panic!
A fire extinguisher is located on every floor.
FIRST AID A first aid bag is located at the rear entrance and in the Mr. Pickwick Pub. Please ask the bar staff for more details.
In Lucerne, there are lots of opportunities for an evening out. Ask the bar staff, they will be more than happy to provide you with detailed information. To start off the evening, we recommend trying out the typical British pub atmosphere experienced in our own Mr. Pickwick Pub!
Wireless LAN is available throughout the entire building. There is also a computer with free internet access available at the rear hotel entrance. If you are experiencing difficulties please ask a member of staff for support.
Please hand over any lost property at the bar. If you are looking for your own lost property, please also contact the bar staff.
MR. PICKWICK PUB
The place where people meet! Quite definitely not to be missed! "Enjoy a pint as the British do". We have a large selection of English and Irish beers on tap, as well as traditional English specialities made in our kitchen, such as fish ‘n' chips and "the best burgers in town". Why not indulge yourself and feel right at home because our pub is "a home away from home". www.pickwick.ch
In our pub, you can read English newspapers as well as the “Neue Luzerner Zeitung”. International newspapers and magazines are available at every kiosk.
You can park in the Hotel Schweizerhof or at the main railway station. Discounts are available from a 3-day stay onwards. Click on www.parking-luzern.ch or ask us for more details.
We accept Visa, Amex, Maestro, Diners Club, Reka checks and, of course, cash too.
The reception desk is located in the Mr. Pickwick Pub. For any questions, please contact our pub crew. We will be happy to help you.
We would advise you to click on Trip Advisor (Hotel Pickwick Luzern) to comment upon your experience.
A combination safe is available in every room. Please read the instructions on the safe and use it to lock away any valuables.
Lucerne Schifffahrt (cruises) is located at the central station. Why not buy a ticket and enjoy the interior of Switzerland on Lake Lucerne?
To protect employees in public places, smoking is prohibited by law throughout the whole of Switzerland. Smoking is not allowed in the hotel rooms or in the pub.
A taxi rank is located at the bus station next to the railway station.
For train connections, please click on www.sbb.ch.
The train and bus stations are only a 5 minute walk over the bridge.
Please refer to the Hotel Pickwick website and click on the YouTube link for a number of helpful videos about the hotel.
You may use the washing machines on the 3rd floor. You will need 20-centime pieces (change is available in the Mr. Pickwick Pub).